- Air conditioned
- Pets Allowed
- 1 sofa bed (sleeps 2) 140×190
- 1 double bed on loft level with normal mattress 140×190
- Kitchen with fridge, electric cookers and double-basin kitchen sink
- Satellite TV, Wi-Fi connection free of charge
- Private bathroom with shower
- Breakfast for free
- Free vegetables directly from our garden!
- Everyday at 5.pm there will be some snacks & coffee for free!
TRADITIONS OF ROERO
“Portè disnè” was the vernacular expression used to describe the farmers’ ritual of bringing lunch to their relatives working in the fields or in the vineyards. Around midday, women and children exited the houses in droves and brought lunch baskets to husbands, fathers, grandfathers and brothers.
Lunch was usually consumed in the shade of a tree or inside a “ciabòt”, a small wooden or brick building used as a shelter from the weather or as a place to stow tools.
Having lunch in the fields or inside a “ciabòt” is a common tradition to this day. Frittate, salami, cheeses, salads, peppers and green sauce are just a few of the many delicious cold dishes usually prepared for the “Portè Disnè”.
For 20 years there has been an initiative that celebrates this tradition, a gastronomic stroll between the villages of Montà and Canale, held during the last Sunday of March. During this day it’s possible to enjoy a “traveling” lunch and a festive and joyful atmosphere enriched by folk music.