“After Montà, at the first turn, the horizon opens wide, with jagged mountains peaks, villages high on the hilltops, steeples and towers; it feels like being awaited in that landscape so beautiful and alive, and one descends fast, beyond Canale to the Tanaro, fully in flood…” Carlo Levi – Ritorno ad Alba
CULTURAL PROPOSALS easily accessible from our farmhouse
Less than 30 km away
The Rocche Ecomuseum: An open-air museum that brings together eight municipalities born after the High Middle Ages on the fault of the Rocche, a geological phenomenon of erosion that characterizes the central land of the Roero, creating ravines that plunge for hundreds of meters.
From the village of Cisterna to the village of Pocapaglia, passing through the village of Montà, you’ll come across a territory made of hamlets settled on the top of the hills, their peculiar flora consisting of dry microclimates that coexist alongside very humid ones.
Discover the Rocche del Roero through the Ecomuseum’s proposals: trekking tours —over 100 km of trails also suitable for mountain biking—, Bio Pic-Nic in small typical buildings, winery tours, and a lot more… (www.ecomuseodellerocche.it)
– Natural History Museum of the Roero, in Vezza d’Alba
– Museum of Ancient Arts and Crafts, in the old medieval castle of Cisterna d’Asti
– Museum of Arts and Popular Traditions ‘The Culture of Plaster’ in the Castello di Magliano Alfieri
– The Baroque town of Bra, headquarters of Slow Food and its interesting museums: the Toy Museum, the Historical and Archaeological Museum of Palazzo Traversa, the Natural History Civic Museum ‘Craveri’.
– Alba, the capital of The Langhe area and the capital of white truffle, with its medieval towers and the Civic Archaeological Museum ‘Eusebio’.
-The villages of Barolo, Grinzane Cavour and Serralunga d’Alba, with their amazing vineyards, the Regional Enoteca, the Corkscrew Museum, WIMU the Wine Museum, and all the medieval castles you will find on the top of almost every hill.
-The villages of Barbaresco, Neive and Mango, with their amazing vineyards, the Enoteche (tasting and wineshops), the historic centres, the square tower of Barbaresco and the Adventure Park.
– The town of Asti and its medieval old town: the complex of San Pietro, the Trojan Tower and the Gothic cathedral.
From 40 to 60 km:
-Turin, the first Italian capital, the city of cars and culture, a city full of history with its Mole Antonelliana, the National Museum of Cinema, the renewed Egyptian Museum, the Royal Palace, the Oriental Arts Museum, the Modern Art Gallery, the National Museum of Automobile, the Royal Armoury and the Basilica of Superga.
– Palace of the Royal Venaria (www.lavenaria.it)
– Castle of the Real Dynasty of Savoy in Racconigi (www.ilcastellodiracconigi.it) and the Storks & Anatidae Center (http://www.cicogneracconigi.it/)
-Palazzina di Stupinigi, Unesco World Heritage (www.ordinemauriziano.it/palazzina-di-caccia-stupinigi).